Hack Harassment, a coalition of individuals and organizations dedicated to building a more inclusive and supportive online community, today announced the formation of an Advisory Board comprised of industry professionals, advocates, and academics. These individuals were identified based on their expertise, experience, and commitment to reducing the frequency and severity of online harassment. Advisory Board members will provide high-level strategic advice and serve as public ambassadors for Hack Harassment.
“This dedicated and talented group of individuals represents the best in their respective fields and I look forward to tapping into the full breadth of their expertise in support of Hack Harassment’s critical mission,” said Chris Loo, Director of Hack Harassment, Intel Corporation. “By convening this group of experts, we hope to solidify Hack Harassment’s place as a leader in the movement to create a more inclusive and supportive online world.”
Online harassment is pervasive. According to a Data & Society/CiPHR Measuring Cyberabuse poll, young people under age 30 are more likely to witness online harassment, with nearly 65 percent of all American men and women between ages 15 and 29 having experienced online harassment or abuse.
The Hack Harassment Advisory Board members are:
- Stephen Balkam, CEO and Founder of Family Online Safety Institute;
- Michael Beadle, Director of Public Relations at Ubisoft;
- Gabby Frost, Founder and CEO of Buddy Project, Inc.;
- Iain Gray, Senior Vice President of Customer Success at Docker;
- Brittan Heller, Director of Technology and Society at Anti-Defamation League;
- Dr. Sameer Hinduja, Co-Director of the Cyberbullying Research Center and Professor in the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice at Florida Atlantic University; and
- Dr. Susan M. Swearer, Co-Director, Bullying Research Network, Willa Cather Professor of Educational Psychology, and a Professor of School Psychology at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln.
For more information about the individual members of the Advisory Board, visit http://www.hackharassment.com/about. To learn more about Hack Harassment’s goals, mission, and to sign the #HackHarassment pledge, visit www.HackHarassment.com.
ABOUT HACK HARASSMENT:
Hack Harassment is a coalition of organizations and individuals who share in the common goal of building a more inclusive and supportive online community. Hack Harassment does not guarantee the world will be free from online harassment, but together, we hope to bring us all closer to that goal.
Hack Harassment is founded by Intel, Vox Media and Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation. If you are interested in joining the movement, join us to #HackHarassment.
Contact: Kat Enukidze, Ekaterina_Enukidze@dkcnews.com, 212-981-5238